It was our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs. Magtoto and we wanted it to be memorable. And it was! We spent it in Talipanan, Puerto Galera. We stayed at the Bamboo House Beach Resort.
It felt different there because it was so quiet, so unlike Whte Beach (although the sand wasn't as fine as the latter). It was the kind of celebration we prayed for --- quiet & romantic.=)
I was even able to take some really great shots! Here are some of my favorite.
After the PG christmas, Gino & I went straight to Pampanga to see my family. It took us 6 hours from PG to Pampanga, 3 hours to get to QC, an hour to have a quick lunch at Mcdo & 2 hours to get to Pampanga. It was really tiring. But when we finally got there, wow, food, food, food! My family prepared a cookout!
Here are some sunset shots I took while we were waiting for the food.
Browse our website to view our other pictures and you'll see how much fun we had!
The way we're planning things up, it's as if it's our first trip to Baguio. Well, actually IT IS! As a married couple, that is. We have been there a couple of times but I must say this trip is indeed worth looking forward to. It's our first New Year's eve together! And then minor problems happened. Like where we would stay because every hotel I contacted was fully booked! But with today's technology, of course I found us a place to stay. In short, salamat sa internet. Haha! My hubby must be so proud of me.
I'm listing down the places, hopefully, we'll visit.
1. Bell Church (I have heard so many good things about this place. Aside from it being so serene, they say you can also have your fortunes told.)
2. Cafe by the Ruins (Of course! We were so late the last time we were here. They were about to close already! And we weren't able to take pictures. Sad. I had their hot choco before. Now that I'm a coffee-drinker, I want to try the Ruins Coffee!) Photo courtesy of Aileen Apolo
3. Bridal Veil Falls (If time, weather and our wallets permit, we might be lucky enough to see it.)
4. Dominican Hill, Grotto, Maryknoll Convent and Baguio Cathedral (To say our gratitude to Him for the 2007 labski year!)
5. Botanical Garden (I want to see flowers! And plants! And everything that goes with it!)
6. Pizza/Cafe Volante (I heard they serve delicioso pizzas here at very good prizes.)
Photo courtesy of Aileen Apolo
7. PMA (We both haven't been here & I hope to see it this time.)
8. The Mansion, Wright Park and Burnham Park (Yeah, I know, baduy. Here are the reasons why these are part of the itinerary: I want to take good pictures of the Mansion. Gino hasn't tried horsebackriding yet. And it is only in Baguio that I get do Biking 101. You see, I'm a newbie biker. Blush.)
9. Mines View Park (Just because of the corn and grilled pusit! Oh, yum-yum!)
10. Camp John Hay (Why not take a look at this posh sanctuary.)
11. SM and Session (Baduy ulet. I haven't been to SM Baguio e. I know that isn't an excuse. But here's a good one: It's a must for Gino and me to go there because we have to buy our groceries for the Media Noche! Haha. Nice excuse. And oh! Of course I have to know how it feels like to be in a mall that has no aircon. Lastly, Session Road because it's the ukay haven.)
I'm so excited I can't sleep! Wait. Why are we planning so much about Baguio when Puerto Galera is our first vacation destination? Hahaha! Alright. PG planning tomorrow! Photos posted here (unless otherwise mentioned) and the information on the places courtesy of Juny P. La Putt and GoBaguio!
Hear yeh, hear yeh! Gino & I decided to change our vacation plans for this holiday season. We'll instead spend christmas in Puerto Galera & have our new year in Baguio City. The realization suddenly came to me that if we do it that way, we'll save much moolah while spending more time to relax. The Galera stay will be a shorter vacation while the Baguio get-away will be a 5-day break for us.
Anyhow, I need help, you guys. I saw photos of this falls in Baguio City courtesy of this great photographer Jill Lejano.
If any of you knows how to get to this falls, please do message me. Gino & I really want to see this falls and have our photos taken there.
It's the marry month of December once again. For the year 2007, I have 5 friends who are walking down the aisle. I must admit that I feel so kilig! Hearing their plans make me reminisce of my own wedding. My priceless wedding bouquet. Gino's perfect-fitting suit. Our sacred wedding rings. Every detail worth looking back to with an overwhelming joy. It's also flattering to hear them seek my advice on their The Day details. Makes me think of pursuing my dream of becoming a wedding planner. Haha!
On the 18th of this month, Hernan weds Jowee. I knew from the start what I will give them --- a digiscrap of their prenup shot. They had a lot of pictures taken at this garden venue in Pasig City. It was a bit difficult to choose which ones I'd use for their digiscrap. Eventually, I picked 4 shots that stood out. The next thing I did was choose the scrap kit I'd use for it. Since pink is their theme, I came out with this:
I had it printed and framed last night. I am so glad with it's final look! I love the way the three pictures at the bottom seemed to be blown by the wind. And how that pink butterfly sends the illusion of flying towards Jowee. Credits for this scrap: Amy Sumrall_ballerina girl kit , Liz Hutchison_beautifully mondane kit , Erica Mathia_feminineII paperpack , fonts_amano, a yummy apology.
To all friends bound for the altar, this month or next year, best wishes! Keep the fire burning!
It feels like a year since my last post here. I was too busy with a project I had at work & I must say that it drained my creative juices. I would try to start on a scrap but darn, I couldn't begin on even one lay-out. It was so f*5@ing frustrating! But my project ended last thursday already and it was a TGIAW (meaning, thank-God-it's-a-weekend). Oooh, finally. I have started my 2008 calendar. Well, at least for the month of january. Hehe.
My thankies to the following: Aja Abney_jane & bingley papers , Anne Langpap_july pea kit , Scrapdoll_prune chocolatée doodle , Gloria Val Verde_button tin , Tracy Drane_baby journals , font_trubble , font_zapfino.
Also, thankies to 2peasinabucket for inspiring me to make my own 2008 journal. I am so excited to have it printed! Aay, I have to finish it pala muna. A lot of missing pages still. But here's my journal's cover.
Credit for my journal's cover goes to Amy Teets_sun porch kit , ShabbyPrincess_vintage florals , Dnadryad_sweet porcelain elements, Anke Arnold_wire embellishments , Sueli Colbert_my moment kit , Petit Moineaux_tendre moment kit. I also attached one of my favorite scraps entitled Circle of Light.
I hope to finish my February to April calendars tonight. =)
Oh, by the way, today marks our 5th month as Mr. & Mrs. Magtoto. And what a wonderful way to celebrate it by visiting the salon together. Haha. It's one of our guilty pleasures even when we were still single. I must tell you, each day just gets better and better. We've been married for 153 days and life has been sweeter than ever. We pretty much do the same stuff we did when we were still single. Like our food-trips, dvd marathon, shopping, salon visits. There are additional stuffs now though. Like these days, I wake up on weekends with my breakfast in bed. Imagine, my hubby preparing our breakfast! I can still recall those old days when he would tell me how he hates the fact that I don't eat breakfast. And the promise he made that when we get married, he'll make sure I have one everyday. Isn't that sweet!
Contrary to what my married officemates said that "once you're married, you hardly have time to go on out-of-town trips", well my dear friends, Gino and I are counting the days til our first Christmas. We will be spending it in Baguio City!
I heard the weather falls at 13 degrees these days in Baguio. Brrrr... And our first New Year? Of course it has to be special too. We'll spend it in Puerto Galera. I am so excited I just bought my 2piece metallic black bikini. Look at it!