5.23.2008

alejandro manzano of boyce avenue


The first time my husband told me about
Alejandro Manzano, I thought the name sounded so Pinoy. But when I saw him in You Tube, with that very mestizo feature, I thought otherwise.

I am not a fan of revivals (unless it's
David Cook remaking a song). Whenever we hear artists sing their versions of old top of the hit songs, my husband and I can't help but compare them with the originals. And of course, as the cliche goes, the original is always the best. Well, except for a few. And these cover songs sang by this young Spanish guy are truly exceptional!

This is his version of the Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown hit single entitled No Air. I love it so much I kept replaying it! Right now, I am wishing I could sing it too and play the piano as well! Sigh.



I couldn't get enough of him and I had to search for more covers he made. Here is Alejandro singing With You by Chris Brown and Because of You by Neyo.





I admit it. This talented guy made me eat my words! To view videos of him singing acoustic remakes, go here.

*Boyce Avenue, a Florida-based band popular for its strong acoustic roots and constant drive toward a melody-and harmony-driven rock sound, consists of the three brothers Alejandro, Fabian, and Daniel Manzano, and Stephen Hatker. (source: YouTube)

No comments: