6.01.2011

girlfriends

We have been friends since 1991. If we would sit together to browse our old photos, the room would definitely be filled with roaring laughter. But instead of rummaging our houses to find our dusty photo albums, I convinced my husband to take our images. We wanted to update our files, you know. And it's evidence too, of how we have changed, physically.


My frien
ds and I, through the years, never really came up with any song that would reflect our love and support for each other. We do have a list of songs we recall singing back in High School. But that's just it. No particular song about our Friendship. So when my husband uploaded the images he took of us on a rainy Saturday, I thought of this song sang by Whitney Houston and Cece Winans. Count On Me was the Official Soundtrack of the 1995 film entitled Waiting to Exhale and I feel this song just says so much about the 3 of us.

Count on me through thick and thin
A friendship that will never end
When you are weak I will be strong
Helping you to carry on
Call on me, I will be there
Don't be afraid
Please believe me when I say
Count on me



We had so much fun during the photo session. It almost didn't push through because of the rain. But the minute it stopped, we hurriedly went out to find nice spots in our village. I would have to say the rain was a blessing. Because the surroundings looked extra special, with the wet pavement and scattered leaves. I must say, that these beautiful images, make me so proud of my husband.


Our batchmates and teachers have seen our photos already. Except for some extra pounds, they said we all still look young. I would say we look young because we choose to be happy, amidst all the challenges our everyday lives hand us.

All images captured by ginoray. Post-processing by Labski Fotografi.

No comments: