3.12.2009

baclayon church



I love old churches simply because its antiquated look leaves me amazed. The facade. The structure. The interiors. The details. Most of all, what leaves me breathless is its smell of history. Imagine walking through the church aisle and kneeling by the altar. These were the same things our ancestors once did in their times.

Our BOHOLandia adventure almost a month ago gave me a chance to see several old churches the province of Bohol has. The Church of Immaculada Concepcion in Baclayon, better known as
Baclayon Church is considered one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. It was constructed sometime in 1717 where local laborers were forced to cut and drag coral blocks from the sea using just bamboos in moving and positioning the stones. Below is a scrap I made of our photo infront of Baclayon Church.


More on Baclayon Church.


No comments: