8.25.2009

i ♥ faces photo challenge - "nostalgia"


I made an incredible discovery when I was 5 years old. It was the artistry of God exhibited through the beauty of nature. I can vividly remember the excitement I felt as the soles of my feet glided through the playful grass. It left me with wonderful memories of childhood simplicity. Back when soft taps on the roof meant playing in the rain. When a bell-like ringing meant your favorite ice cream on a cone. When tagging along with your parents at the church meant balloons and cotton candies. Such were our untangled days of childhood.





I find the photo above a perfect portrait of innocence and nostalgia. Innocence because of the simplicity of being a child. Nostalgia because it lets me remember the old days when I would take pleasure of the lazy afternoon by the grass.

6 comments:

Brad said...

Sweet innocence of what its like to be a kid.. to be entertained by a stick in the dirt. Nice.

Kero said...

oh yeah. my grandma lost count of grass and mud stained shorts and skirts but it was always fun frolicking around...nothing matters except that you are outdoors enjoying the sun and the vast grass with your friends.

thank you for the visit Jan!

Jenny said...

Great picture!

Tara. said...

What a sweet picture.
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh, I remember grass stained knees during the summer. We always played on the grass until we were itchy! Those were the days...beautiful photo and description...

Unknown said...

This is so so cute! What a great entry :-)