8.22.2009

a kopiroti surprise birthday party


I was told to go to Kopiroti to give support to a friend's aching heart. It sounded urgent. I felt a rush of emotions as I hurriedly went to the coffee shop, worried to death what caused my friend's bitter-sweet situation. But what welcomed me wasn't a gloomy setting. Instead, I found a Kopiroti surprise birthday party, conspired by my Reedley friends and my dear husband!



Before I could even step out of the car, the sight of printed-out photos of me posted on the facade of the coffee shop made me teary-eyed! Knowing the cheap eyeliner I was wearing would smudge my look, I kept my composure and swallowed hard. Out of pure amazement, I pulled the hair of my 2 buddies, dumbfounded at how they connived in preparing the surprise party for me. I had no clue, whatsoever, they were cooking up something. They were all, my husband included, compelling actors and actresses!



That Kopiroti party was just one of the many surprises handed out to me. The surprises vary in logistics and the people involved. But they all carry the same intention --- to affirm the significance of my existence in my circle of friends and loved one's lives.

Time runs so fast when you're having a blast. Another year older. Another year wiser. Another year happier. To everyone who shared their time by greeting me on my birthday, I am heartily thanking all of you!


*Photos courtesy of Karla.

3 comments:

Olive =) said...

Cheers, Cheers!!! =) I have yet to blog about my own birthday surprise....hehehehe...

Unknown said...

Belated Happy Birthday Jan! Ü

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! It sounds like a wonderful birthday with family and friends! How blessed you are!