8.04.2008

tagged:: book mark


A truly unique tag from Kero. Thankies dear!

The rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first five sentences.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag as many people as you want.


The book: A Survival Guide for the Elementary/Middle School Counselor by John J. Schmidt, Ed.D

The sentences:

In another cognitive approach, Maxie maultsby* suggested "rational self-counseling" with middle school students by teaching them to check the rationality of their thoughts using 5 basic questions:

1. Are my thoughts based on obvious facts?
2. Do these thoughts help me PROTECT my life and health?
3. Will these thoughts help me ACHIEVE my short-term and long-term goals?
4. Do these thoughts help me PREVENT unwanted conflicts with other people?
5. Do these thoughts help me FEEL the emotions I want to feel without using drugs or alcohol?"

When students honestly answer "no" to three or more of these questions, they identify irrational thoughts that need to be altered. Developing new rational thinking requires at least three honest "yes" answers to these questions and also a willingness on the part of the students to use this new thinking in place f old irrational thoughts.

Whew! Sounds really bookish, huh. Well, you somehow get to see how my work is like. Now let's see what your book talks about! I'm tagging Joy, Tracy, Joey, Joanne and Farah.

4 comments:

Farah said...

done!

http://www.wifeynibangis.com/2008/08/bookmark-tag.html

Farah said...

done!

http://www.wifeynibangis.com/2008/08/bookmark-tag.html

Unknown said...

Finally I did the tag na - http://reejane.blogspot.com/2008/08/tagged-bookmark.html :)

Sorry if it's a week late...busy po

theworkingmom said...

Finally, natapos ko rin! :) Here it is!

Joey