1.25.2010

landscaping 101


It has been 2 weeks since my husband and I moved into our new home yet we still have some stuff to sort and organize. Except for Lola "Mama ni Glenn" living across our house (that's how she wants to be called), we haven't really met our neighbors too! You may be wondering what is keeping me and my husband busy the past few days. The answer to that is landscaping 101!

We never thought landscaping could be so interesting. Like what my Facebook shoutout states "landscaping entails your patience as you wait for your plants to mature, it requires a lot of cash, but landscaping is equal to F-U-N". Every weekend morning, Gino and I go straight to our backyard and have our breakfast there. Staring at the few plants we have while drinking a warm cup of chocolate drink, our morning conversation will mostly be about which plants to grow and what type of garden set will suit our outdoor theme. We are both lucky to have mothers introducing us to various palms, trees and flowering plants. My sister, who is an architect, is a great help too in giving ideas on how to layout our garden!

I am not leaving everything to our relatives though. I am doing my homework too! From what I have read about growing one's garden, there are 3 things I have to remember: colors, height and curves. Play with various colors of leaves and flowers. Blend plants in different heights. Add curves as borders to create a zen mood.

Now I have to go and catch up on my landscaping readings. Oh, and I have to water our growing papaya and palm trees and my attractive yellow sundrop flowering plant!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's nice :) Wish we can have a garden.

Btw sis, what is your FB account so I can add you? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks sis! :)

Will add you sa FB. Hopefully this week maka log-in ako ;)

karla sajona said...

Jan! :D you should visit our house, we just had our garden landscaped so atleast you could get some inspiration for your own garden too :) -kaloy-