3.31.2010

food for the soul 03.2010

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.” -John Burroughs

If he felt this way at the start of the 20th century, imagine what he would think today. We have the freedom to do more now than ever before. But more options can bring more frustration, because we can still see all of the things we don’t have time for.

Before you plan another day/week/month/year, write this thought at the top of the paper: I Cannot Do Everything. It’s a truth that applies today even more than it did 100 years ago. Life becomes easier when you accept the fact that you will never be able to do everything you want. Once that happens, you can start to look at what you want to do the MOST, and plan accordingly. Priorities bring peace of mind. They help you relax, knowing that you’re doing all you can by making the most of your opportunity. Low priorities are the seeds of wasted time. And days don’t need any help getting shorter.
-SPARKPEOPLE TRANSLATION

1 comment:

Sendo said...

Sendo likes your post. hehe