2.22.2008

rejection... but not quite like it


And so I finally received a reply from Blogsvertise. As the title points out, it's a bit of a rejection. But not quite like it. The admin said I didn't have enough traffic yet. No hard feelings though. I expected the message I got. As I told one of my blogmates, "I'm still a nobody in the blog world" and the idea of paid blogging might be far fetched.

A day after I got their response, I read Mari's post on blogging How To's, and a realization came to me. Why pressure myself in getting into the paid blogging world this soon! Here was my thought bubble:

I want to enjoy writing. I should write not because I want to earn and draw my own pool of crowd. I should write because I want to express myself and release whatever thoughts of creativity I have in me. It's just going to be a bonus if readers keep comng back to read my blog and see my digital crafts. If I keep pressuring myself into paid blogging this early, the content of my blog might suffer. It might lack the quality I want it to hold. So for now, I'll first have fun typing on my keyboard the essential matters I think of, as often as I could. And hopefully increase my traffic soon! And when I've gained enough popularity, that would be the time I would seriously pursue paid blogging. No pressures for me for now. I'll just type my way into the entertaining world of blogging!


Now that's a spunky way to deal with a "...the b
log you submitted has been put on probation status...". Hahaha!

3 comments:

Farah said...

dont fret, jan!

i know the feeling. until now, i havent gotten any opps from blogvertise yet though my site was approved already. but i am not giving up :) have you tried submitting your blog to sponsoredreview? okay ang site nya ha! i get all my opss from there. bid ka lang ng bid la pa pressure sa deadline. let me know if you need help sis!

:)

myls said...

hay so true. enjoy blogging and writing to your heart's content. why bother with someone "judging" what you write? it takes away the fun in blogging.:)

glad to be part of your traffic. ;)

mari said...

hi jan... don't lose hope :) maarte ang blogvertise. siguro mula nung maaprove blog ko sa kanila, mga 4 pa lang nakuha kong opps (puro grabbed pa yun, at hindi talaga nakalaan sa akin). agree ako kay farah... marami pang iba jan :D

sulat ka lang ng sulat... at mag enjoy sa tag... m sending one for you. check it here: http://gwenmarisalvilla.com/2008/02/22/awards--tags-002.aspx