1.20.2009

handle stress


Sometimes, in the midst of life's hustle and bustle, psyching oneself is essential. With all the things happening in my life right now, especially at work, how do I handle stress?

1. Psyching Oneself: I nag myself. Yes, you read it right. I enumerate the reasons why I shouldn't be stressed out. Stress is related to 99% of all illness. Pimples. Heartburn. Dry skin. Sleepless nights. And the list goes on.

2. Techie Frenzy: It's either the Ipod or the computer. I either turn up the volume of my Ipod as I listen and usually, sing with my playlist. In most cases, I will be sitting infront of the computer - downloading, web surfing or digiscrapping. But just recently, I realized how stress-relieving playing computer games is! (My current addictions are Return to Ravenhearst and Forgotten Riddles --- both are mystery and puzzle type games.)

3. Forward-Not-Backward: I look forward. I anticipate how beautiful life can be after a stressful situation. I picture the exact scenario. I visualize the moment when being thankful for the experience is felt.

4. The Other Half: I am and will always be grateful for having my husband. I spent last Sunday doing nothing but sleep while he, again, did all the household chores. He knows when I simply want to be hugged. He knows when I just want to be quiet. He knows when I feel like ranting and cursing. He knows when my tears just have to roll down. At all times, he is there walking with me, holding my hand.

In a strange way, stress teaches us more about life, than we can ever think of. Wether we like it or not, we all go through it. It's only a matter of how we handle stress that makes so much difference.

5 comments:

charmaine santiago said...

i truly agree with #4! good to see you're blogging again. :)

Unknown said...

Good to see you back in the blog world Jan! :)

Miss the coffee breaks that we had ;)

Life is too short to stress ourselves so better to forget the things that don't matter and continue enjoying life! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Rocks said...

hi jan! if you have time lang, might want to do this tag, pang relax na din :)

http://www.godsbestgift.com/2009/01/my-wish.html

Unknown said...

Hope this award can put a smile on your face - http://reejane.blogspot.com/2009/02/noblesse-oblige-award.html =)